Resource Speaker: Cel Mique
CPD UNITS: 6
This seminar will examine and explore how great teachers apply principles of positive psychology to their lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, and handson activities, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching.
- Explore and identify their personal strengths of character.
- Prepare for teaching character by reflecting on personal strengths of character and creating a related character strength goal.
- Learn something new about a colleague and about yourself
- Demonstrate understanding and appreciation of character research theories
- Understand the concept of Micro-moments triangle
- Solidify an understanding of the research that supports character instruction and micromoments.
- Build muscle memory by practicing how to respond to a student using micro-moments
- Analyze a case study on Macrostructure Character Teaching.
- Explain the relationship between the content area and the character strength area used in the dual-purpose lesson objective
- Incorporate positivity and gratitude in classroom environment and character lessons beyond the classroom and into our daily lives.